10 Songs That Make Me Feel Like I Can Take On The World

I know we all have those days where we feel just down and out and pummeled by life. And sometimes the right song comes along and re-ignites that fire and you just feel like you can do anything. So since it's Friday and we all need the extra help to get through the day, I thought I would put together a list of 10 songs that make me feel like I can take on the world.

 1) Piano & I - by Alicia Keys 

 Something about the lyrics, "Always got to try; no matter how long that sh!t take..." makes me feel like I not only should try, but can try.

 

 2) Think by Aretha Franklin

 Everyone needs a little bit of "sass" in their day and this song has it. I mean it just makes me want to strut and tell people like it is.

 

3) Chandelier by Sia 

 This song has a tragic quality to it yet feels free at the same time. Every time I listen to it it makes me want to let go of inhibitions which is a very good thing when it comes to my personal fiction writing.

 

 4) A Good Day (Morning Song) - Priscilla Ahn 

 Okay this is a perfect morning song if you are not a morning person. If I listen to this way early in the morning it relaxes me into the day and I feel like I will have a good day.

 

 5) Bang Bang by Jessie J., Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj 

This song always makes me want to yell and sing along at the top of my lungs. Unfortunately, most of the time I'm listening to it is when I'm on the bus, so I just have to imagine it. But if you ever need a boost and want to sing something in the shower or while you get dressed for your day, blast this one.

 

 6) Runnin' Down a Dream - Tom Petty and the Hearbreakers 

 Just the way the song starts out makes it for an awesome morning song to get you going and start the day. And the lyrics, '...runnin' down a dream, that never would come to me" speaks to anyone who's ever tried for something.

 

7) Thunderstruck by ACDC 

There's a funny story to this one because my mom's car has slowly fallen apart (and now it's sort of officially no longer with us) and one of the last songs it was ever able to play on it's little engine that could radio is this one. I thought that was an awesome send off for the car. I actually wasn't there at the time, but my mom tells me this story every time this song plays and I just smile every time.

 

 8) Praise the Lord All Nations - by Ron Kenoly

I actually used to go to this church as a little kid and saw them playing it. It's just as uplifting and motivating as looks like and sounds like in the video.

 

 9) Je Ne Regrette Rien by Edith Piaf

This is another one that makes me smile every time I listen to it and boosts my mood no matter what.

10) I Believe in You by Il Divo and Celine Dion 

 Nothing like watching hunky opera guys sing a song about believing in me. Can't get better than that, can you? Oh how about a Celine Dion ballad thrown in there too.

 

Popular posts from this blog

You'll Love the Hoboken Farms Pasta Sauce: Review & Giveaway

My Review of Nutty Novelties Nut Butters

Giveaway Round Up for the Week