Skip to main content

Gluten-Free Food Suggestion: Beehive Cheddar - Tasty, Flavorful Cheeses to Enjoy


I'm such a cheese fanatic and some days I can't resist but over eat cheese. Anyone else like that? Well, I love gourmet cheeses. Some kinds you just want to be able to sit back with a glass of wine and enjoy a slice of some tasty cheddar. I have found that gourmet experience with Beehive Cheese.

You know how I discovered this cheese? Through the Avery Aames Cheese Shop Mystery books! It's a fun series by the way, perfect for the cheese lover, because the cheeses mentioned in the book are REAL. So I had to see what this was like and I was so happy the company was willing to send me some samples to try.  (P.S. This is the series by the way! Check it out.

The Beehive Cheese Company was started by brothers-in-law Tim Welsh and Pat Ford who left their software jobs to start this cheese company. Any other fellow cubical workers envying this like I am? They brought back the local creamery to northern Utah and their business is family owned and operated. Check out more of their history

Anyways I enjoyed each of the cheeses that I tried. I got the chance to try out a few different kinds! I was a HUGE fan of the Seahive Cheese. They describe this cheddar on their site as being creamy and I love creamy cheeses. They make for excellent cheesy scrambled eggs and I actually tried this with eggs and it was SO good.

You know what was a unique tasty experience? The Barely Buzzed! It had a mix of honey and lavender taste and if you are making up a spicy sort of recipe, I would say sprinkle some of this cheddar on top. This is very unique good stuff.

Honestly I enjoyed all of the cheeses that I had the chance to try. I also tried Promontory Beehive Original and Big John's Cajun, which was a spicier type of cheese. These were just fun to snack on and sprinkle on some of my cheesey recipes.

I absolutely highly recommend you check this cheese out and purchase some to try. If you are cheese fanatic like I am, I think you will enjoy this cheddar. It offers so much flavor experience.

I received the above items in exchange for my honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vitamin C Serum - Add This To Your Morning Beauty Routine [Review and Giveaway]

What is your morning (or evening) beauty routine? For me, I'm usually so tired at night that if I remember to wash my face, it's an enormous deal. But in the morning, I pay so much more attention to my skin. I always put on coconut oil of some kind, but lately, I've been adding a new addition to my routine - Vitamin C Serum.

I've heard about the benefits of using a Vitamin C Serum for a while now and jumped at the chance to try it out and see the kind of impact this had on my skin.

I have been using the Amara Organics Vitamins C Serum 20% (with Vitamin E and Hydraulic Acid) Serum for a couple of weeks now. One thing that stood out to me was how gentle this was on my skin. It wasn't harsh at all. I use it daily each morning and follow it up with  a moisturizer.

Vitamin C Serum is supposed to reduce signs of aging. I'm only 28 so I'm not sure that I have a lot of evidence of aging to worry about just yet. This is also supposed to brighten skin, repair damage…

5 Recipes Made with Gluten-Free Bagels

When I think of bagels, I don't usually think of things I can make with them outside of my usual go to stuff, like cheese melts, avocado toast and toasted bagel and peanut butter. 
But there are some recipes that take bagels to the next level and I came across some created by "The Greater Knead" bagel company and I absolutely had to share these with you. And I had the chance to try out some of their bagels, but more on that later. First, the tasty bagel goodness.
The Bagel Crumble.

To make this, you take their chocolate bagel (oh yes, I said chocolate), a little oil, and cinnamon and some honey. And from there you chop it up and bake it and cover it with tastiness and put it over ice cream. Just check out this recipe and you'll see why you want it. 
http://www.thegreaterknead.com/recipe/free-from-bagel-crumble/
French Toast Bites.
If there is anyone out there reading this that remembers how yummy french toast was pre-gluten-free days, I think you should check out this …

What To Do When You Stuck in a Snack Rut [Giveaway Inside!]

Sometimes you can easily get in a rut with food. I know I get that way. The same products are in the store, you have the same lunch ideas, you buy the same snacks, the same everything. I know that it actually can be hard to step outside my comfort zone and try something new.

So that's when subscription boxes can help. It's an excellent way of finding new things to try, getting some extra snacks, and opening up your horizon to new foods. Whether you are celiac or gluten-intolerant or simply eat gluten-free by choice, it's time to broaden those horizons!

I recently had the chance to try out the "American Gluten-Free" food box. Here's the photo of what I received -




1) Jessica's Natural Foods Chocolate Chip Granola

2) Beanits Bean Chips Hint of Line

3) Betty Lou's Strawberry Fruit Bar

4) Health Warrior Chia Bar - Acai Berry

5) Betty Lou's Just Great Stuff Bar - Superberry



6) Brami Beans: Chili Lime

7) Ener-G Original Pretzels

8) Hippea's Organic …