Review of Madonna's Album Rebel Heart

I had the amazing chance to review Madonna's newest album Rebel Heart. I've been a Madonna fan for such a long time (I even have some of her tapes - TAPES - remember those??) and I am so excited to see she is still making music. After listening to this album, I can tell you she still has it!

Madonna's new album Rebel Heart is her 13th studio album (just released on March 10th).  “Rebel Heart explores two very distinct sides of my personality, the rebellious renegade side of me and the romantic side of me” commented Madonna recently in Billboard.  She collaborates with Nicki Minaj, Naz, Kanye West, and Mike Tyson.

I listened to each song and did a little feedback on every song you can hear on the album.

Living For Love
Her voice sounds great and it reminds me of why I like Madonna in the first place! It's very much a dance soundtrack and I can imagine myself moving to this and rocking out on the treadmill. And best of all, there is a music video out for this song! Check it out below.

Devil Pray
This was a song I wasn't a fan of simply because of the lyrics.

Ghosttown
I really liked this song, and I especially liked the lyrics. It gives you the message of no matter what happens in the world, we'll always have each other.

Unapologetic Bitch
I kind of liked this song, and it's SO who I see Madonna as being - someone who will just tell you like it is.

Illuminati
Is the illuminati real? Will this song reveal its secrets? Probably not, but it certainly makes you listen to the lyrics.  Definitely a song I can dance too and just get in the zone. You can certainly lose yourself in this one.

Bitch I'm Madonna (with Nicki Minaj)
LOTS of dance music on this album so far. I listened to this song mostly because of Nicki Minaj (kind of a closet fan!). I enjoyed Nicki Minaj part but overall this was probably my least favorite track on the album.

Hold Tight
This gave me the same vibe as the Ghosttown song.

Joan of Arc
I like the message of this song because it just speaks to the fact that you aren't always strong and you aren't this superhero that doesn't feel vulnerable sometimes.

Iconic (featuring Chance the Rapper and Mike Tyson)
The vocals aren't too strong on the song. Kind of "echo-y" but this is also one of those I could get lost exercising to in the gym. One of those songs that you really need to blast!

Heartbreak City
Very vulnerable song that speaks to the heart of anyone going through a hard time. I didn't enjoy it as much as I did Joan of Arc, but it was pretty good.

Body Shop
You know of all the songs on the album, I really really liked htis one. It's so fun and bouncy. My mom and I used to racewalk really regularly and this would be the kind of song that would be perfect for that exercise.

Holy Water
This is another one I probably didn't like all that much. It sounded like Body Shop a bit but not as good and I didn't like the lyrics as much.

Inside Out
Again very same-same sounding. Nothing stood out to me about this song.

Wash All Over Me
I really really liked this one. This goes up there with Body Shop but for different reasons. I loved the piano, the background voices that come in during the chorus, and the lyrics. I can see this sounding beautiful as an acoustic version. This was a song I could actually SING to and this I appreciated a lot. I would say this is one of those "hit" songs that will be played on the radio.

Best Night
I could go either way on this song. It was a little repetitive to me, but certainly not bad. It wasn't too dancy, though. Definitely didn't stand out.

Veni Vidi Vici (featuring Nas)
One of the things I've always liked about some of Madonna's songs is that she does that husky whisper SO well. And this song featured that and it felt so classic Madonna.

Messiah
I like this one too! It wasn't overly dancy and it's more of a ballad. You can definitely sing to this yet move to it at the same time. It's a romantic song.

Rebel Heart
Certainly not a bad song and it had a good message.

Overall, I would grade this album a B+. I'm such a classic Madonna fan and still listen to her songs like Vogue, Live to Tell, Like a Prayer and SO many others. I can't say this would be one of my favorite albums by her, but it was still pretty good. She definitely had some good songs on here and I highly recommend that all you Madonna fans out there to check her out! Like I said, she's still got it!

Plus she is GOING ON TOUR! I'm so excited. Will she be in your city? Here's her tour schedule and dates:

MADONNA
REBEL HEART WORLD TOUR 2015

NORTH AMERICA / PUERTO RICO:
  
Aug. 29 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena On Sale Mar. 9
Sept. 2 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena On Sale Mar. 16
Sept. 5 San Juan, PR Coliseo de Puerto Rico On Sale Mar. 21
Sept. 9 Montreal, QC Bell Centre On Sale Mar. 14
Sept. 12 Washington, DC Verizon Center On Sale Mar. 16
Sept. 16 New York, NY Madison Square Garden On Sale Mar. 9
Sept. 19 Brooklyn, NY Barclays Center On Sale Mar. 9
Sept. 24 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center On Sale Mar. 16
Sept. 26 Boston, MA TD Garden On Sale Mar. 16
Sept. 28 Chicago, IL United Center On Sale Mar. 9
Oct. 1 Detroit, MI Joe Louis Arena On Sale Mar. 23
Oct. 3 Atlantic City, NJ Boardwalk Hall On Sale Mar. 16
Oct. 5 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre On Sale Mar. 9
Oct. 8 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center On Sale Mar. 16
Oct. 11 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place On Sale Mar. 9
Oct. 14 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena On Sale Mar. 9
Oct. 17 Portland, OR MODA Center On Sale Mar. 23
Oct. 19 San Jose, CA SAP Center at San Jose On Sale Mar. 9
Oct. 22 Glendale, AZ Gila River Arena On Sale Mar. 23
Oct. 24 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Garden Arena On Sale Mar. 16
Oct. 27 Los Angeles, CA Forum On Sale Mar. 16

Purchase your own copy of Madonna's Rebel Heart on iTunes by following this link. You can follow Madonna on Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube and make you check out her website!

I participated in the Madonna Rebel Heart album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.

Popular posts from this blog

You'll Love the Hoboken Farms Pasta Sauce: Review & Giveaway

My Review of Nutty Novelties Nut Butters

Giveaway Round Up for the Week